Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Belfast Haul #2

Hey guys,


So I know it's been a week since my trip to Belfast and I'm only doing this haul now, it's been a super busy week for me with college etc. So I got a few things (my bank account will be taking a long overdue rest now!).



The first items I got were from MAC's new 'Tres Cheek' blush range. It has been quite a while since MAC brought out new blushes. I picked up three of these- I got 'Pink Tea' which is a gorgeous nude'y pink satin blush.















Pink Tea


I also picked up 'Full of Joy' which is a beautiful pinky lilac frost colour.















Full Of Joy















Lovecloud

And my favourite one out of the lot would be 'Lovecloud' this is a stunning corally pink satin colour. It looks quite dark in the pan, but when you swatch it, it just gives a lovely flush to the cheeks. These were £17.50 each so around €21.



When I was in MAC I also picked up a cremeblend blush in 'Ladyblush' this again looks quite dark in the pan but comes out as a gorgeous pinky orange colour. I am loving cream blushes for the summertime. This again was £17.50 so around €21.















Ladyblush



I also picked up another MAC 'Pro Colour Palette' I got the 15 one, so I am definitely looking forward to filling up another, this was £11.50 so about €14.


















I then headed to Primark (or Penney's in the South) and I picked up two gorgeous shirts. I much prefer the clothing in Primark than Penney's, the sizing and the quality seems to be much better. I picked up a beautiful red polka dot shirt with bat-wing type sleeves. It's also longer at the back so it would be great with leggings or jeans. I picked up the last one, they only had it left in the biggest size, I loved it so much that I still got it. The sizing on this particular top is pretty big, I could have done with sizing down about two sizes. I love the gold and cream button detail on this top. This top was a bargain at £8 so about €9.










I also picked up another similar top, a wine coloured polka dot blouse. Again they only had the biggest size, but it was beautiful so I didn't mind. The material on this is polyester so I would recommend even sizing up with this top! This top was £10 so around €12.













Next I headed to Boots where I picked up a couple of items. Firstly I picked up the 'Real Techniques' Stippling Brush, I heard so many bloggers and YouTubers rave about this brush. I have yet to try it out but I'm excited to! This was £11.99 so about €14.























Next I picked up an Essie 'Matte About You' topcoat. I have tried this and I quite like it, and leaves a lovely finish to the nails and dries them quite quickly. It was £8.44 so about €10.



                                                                                              Left-right: Matte, Normal



I also picked up an Essie '3-way glaze' this works as a base, strengthener and top coat. It does take quite a while to dry as a base, and it was quite pricy at £11.25 so about €13. Which I think is quite a lot for what it is.























I also picked up Sally Hansen 'Insta-Dri' which I have tried before and loved it. I had ran out so needed a new one, as they are quite hard to find in Boots in Dublin. This is a drying top coat and claims to dry ANY nail colour in 30 seconds. This was £5.99 so about €7.























The last thing I picked up in Boots was a new Soap & Glory 'Flake Away' body scrub. I got the 300ml tub, which would last me about 6 months or so. I love everything about this scrub, texture, smell etc. It is definitely my favourite body scrub to use. The large tub was £7 so around €8.

























Next I headed to Space NK Apothecary, which is definitely become one of my favourite cosmetic shops in Belfast! I picked up a NARS 'Laguna' bronzer, which is the lightest shade. I had seen on my last trip to Belfast, but never bothered to buy it. The lovely sales assistent in the shop tried some on me and advised me that it should be used only where light hits the face so it gives a natural, healthy glow to the skin. It was quite expensive at £25 so €30. But this will last quite a while if used sparingly.























I then headed to Superdrug, where I picked up three items, I picked up two Sleek products, which is the only store I believe stocks Sleek, other than online. I picked up one of their 'Pout Paints' in the shade Milkshake, which is a beautiful pinky/ coral colour. A little of this product definitely goes a long way, as I made that mistake when I was testing it. I was also so surprised at the pigmentation of these, raging I didn't pick up more. They are reasonably priced at £4.99 so around €6.























The next Sleek product I picked up was one of their 'Pout Polish's' I picked it up in the shade Peach Perfection, which is a gorgeous peachy/coral colour. They are amazing lip conditioners with SPF 15 in them, and are reasonably priced at £4.29 so around €5.







I also picked up some Batiste Dry Shampoo, which I had run out of and thought I would pick one up! and unfortunately I wasn't paying much attention when I picked it up and I got one with gold glitter in it. I have used this since I bought it and I hate it! I rarely get many products which I hate, but I made an exception for this one. When I used it everything was covered with glitter! It was £3.99 so about €5- which is a lot for a product you don't like!







The last item I picked up was a Collection 2000 clear mascara- I use this as a brow gel. It cost £1.99 so around €2.50.








Next I headed to HMV where I picked up the Sex and The City boxset, which I have been wanting for ages, but could never find it in Dublin. It is definitely one of my favourite TV series. It was quite expensive (but worth it!) at £49 so about €60.










Next I went to Lush where I picked up two face masks, one of which I sampled on my last trip to Belfast and absolutely loved, which was 'Oatifix' which is fantastic for dry skin, as I am prone to dryness. This contains oatmeal, banana and ground almonds. And the smell is divine! This was £5.75 so around €7.


                                            *
               * (I was unable to find mine so I just got this image from Google)





I also picked up 'The Sacred Truth' face mask. This is definitely my favourite out of the two. They contain ginseng and green tea- which are great antioxidants. This again was £5.75 so €7.

                                            *

               * (I was unable to find mine so I just got this image from Google)








Next I headed to Topshop, where I picked up a pair of gorgeous nude flats with gold studs, I also have these in black- which I love! It's like me in shoe form. I did however size up with these, as I have quite a wide foot. I picked these up in a size 8 (I am usually a 7 or a 6.5-UK) these were £28 so €43.








Also in Topshop I picked up a mascara. I got the 'Lash Catcher' from the Sisters of the New Moon collection. I heard great things about this so I am dying to try it out. It was £10 so €15.





































Before                                                                                                                         After





The last two items I got from Topshop were two necklaces. The first one is a fabulous cream enamel horse necklace. I absolutely adore this. I love the gold chain on this. It cost £12.50 so around €15.









The next necklace I had spotted in my local Topshop but put off buying it until my trip to Belfast. It is a gorgeous pastel multi-coloured triangle necklace. It is definitely one of my favourite things I bought from Topshop. It cost £10 so about €12.







I then headed to House of Fraser where I bought a new purse, since the one I have been using is getting quite worn and needed a new one. There were so many gorgeous purses, but I finally settled on a lovely soft black leather purse from Biba. I love the detail and there is plenty of room for cards etc, not to mention it was reduced from £99 to £69.30 so around €85. Which was amazing for a great quality purse. Definitely my favourite item I bought.











Front                                                                                                             Back













Without change section open                                    With change section open



The last item I bought was a John Frieda 'Frizz-Ease Intensive Masque' from Sainsbury's. I am definitely looking forward to trying this out. I love the smell of it and it was quite reasonably priced at £5 so about €6. I will definitely be trying out more John Frieda products in the future as I am quite liking them :)

























So thats the end of my haul, I hope you guys enjoyed it, and it wasn't too long. I have a couple of items I ordered so I will post about them when they arrive.


If you have any queries or questions about any of the products mentioned, feel free to leave a comment below.



Hope you're all having a great weekend. :)




Emily x








DISCLAIMER: I am in no way affiliated with any of the companies mentioned, all opinions are my own. I have purchased all of these items myself, unless stated otherwise.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely haul,what's Belfast like for shopping? Was there years ago but I was only young at the time so wouldn't remember haha..thinking of going during the Summer for a huge shopping trip,heard the Superdrug up there is fab :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, it's great for shopping! There's so many great shops and a massive new shopping centre (well its about 4 years old) oh Superdrug is amazing! They sell Sleek makeup there, so no need to buy it online! Will definitely be going up again during the summer hopefully :)


    Emily x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the sex and the city box set - amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you got loads of great stuff! love your necklaces from topshop! so cute!x

    http://she-shops-alot.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your topshop shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. woah! so much stuff :-)
    i picked up the topshop shoes myself.
    great mac swatches too, such amazing colours.
    <3
    Caroline

    www.girlygirlvsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you liked it :) I love them! So comfy :)

    Emily x

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh wow, it looks like you found a lot of great things! i particularly LOVE the lush face masks! actually, i really just love lush in general!
    i'll have to try out the stippling brush -- i'm currently on the hunt for a cheap/awesome one!

    -alexandra
    http://alexisinodak.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore the Lush facemasks! Especially The Sacred Truth one! :)


      Emily x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...