Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils

Afternoon guys :)

So today I want to talk about my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils. I bought these quite some time ago from Cherry Culture. These are near impossible to find in Ireland so had no other choice than to purchase them online. I picked up 7 at just $3.50 each! Thats around €2.75- which is great! The pigmentation of these pencils is amazing! I had read a lot about NYX pencils and was dying to try them out for myself.
Also apologies in advance for the picture quality, the lighting was awful and I was using my phone.

 I picked up the following colours:


















Yogurt (611)
This is a beautiful shimmery golden pink, perfect for a daytime look.


















Pots & Pans (603)
This a gorgeous metallic silver, would be lovely for an alternative smoky eye or as a highlight for the inner corner of the eye.


















Milk (604)
This is one of their most popular shades, it's just a basic matte white. Would be lovely as a blended highlight or just as a regular eyeliner to make your eyes pop!


















Iced Mocha (617)
Again this is a lovely shimmery gold colour, would be great for a daytime nude look.


















French Fries (609)
This is quite similar to Iced Mocha, but has more bronze undertones to it. Again this would be great for a daytime look.


















Cottage Cheese (608)
This is also quite similar to Milk, but this has some slight shimmer to it, would make a lovely base for a nude eye makeup look.


















Black Bean (601)
This is a basic matte black colour, this would be an ideal base for a smoky eye. Wouldn't recommend it as an everyday eyeliner though as it can be difficult to be precise with it.

Also with my order I was offered a free Cherry Culture lip balm. These can in several flavours. I picked the watermelon, the smell and flavour was nothing like watermelon though, but it was free so can't really complain!
Overall I am quite happy with the colours I chose, however I would prefer using these as a base for eyeshadows to create a more intense look, as they have a tendency to smudge. Also the pigmentation is fantastic, especially for such an affordable price.

Do you own any other NYX products? Do you own any of these?

Let me know what you think below :)


Emily x








3 comments:

  1. Love NYX products - just so you know beautyemporium.ie also sell NYX products and their shipping is only €2 :-)

    Lucy x

    http://luxe-and-lush.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous colours, really like the yogurt 611 in particular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats definitely one of my favourites aswell! :)

      Emily x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...