Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Maybelline Baby Lips- Review + Swatches!

It's so great to be finally back! I have finally overcome the jetlag to do a post here.

I had a great couple of days in New York and couldn't help but feel a little gutted returning last Thursday, but I am glad to be finally getting back into the swing of things!

When I arrived I headed straight to the local drugstore (or chemist!), I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed at the amount of products available, and at such affordable prices! There are also quite a few products available there that can be hard to get our hands on here, not to mention beauty brands that aren't available to us here in Ireland.

I headed straight for the Maybelline stand and picked up all six shades (a bit much, I know!) of the Baby Lips lip balms. These lip balms are so moisturising on the lips and not sticky at all, they also add a lovely tint to the lips. Unfortunately these aren't available here in Ireland (Why?! I don't know). I'm sure you could pick these up from eBay.



Grape Vine- This smells a-mazing! and leaves a gorgeous subtle berry shade. Love this one for daytime.


Peppermint- This has a yummy fresh minty taste to it, great if you just want your lips to be moisturised without colour. It also has SPF 20 which is also handy for everyday.


Pink Punch- I adore the smell of this one! Smells like cocktails or something haha (don't ask! :P) this has a lovely light pink tint to it which makes it really wearable.


Cherry Me- This has to be one my favourites of the bunch, I adore the 'fake' cherry smell, which reminds me of American sweets, the colour payoff on this one is fantastic!


Peach Kiss- I love the colour of this, it's a gorgeous nude-peach, great for daytime.


Quenched- I heard about this one ages ago! This one is similar to the Peppermint one as they both contain SPF 15, unlike the others which are just balms. This would definitely be my no.1 favourite out of the bunch, this smells just like lemonade and tastes so yummy! Would definitely recommend this one for Summer.


Grape Vine, Peppermint, Pink Punch, Cherry Me, Peach Kiss, Quenched


Another thing I love about these is the cute packaging, I would be lying if I said this isn't what attracted me to them. They're so bright and colourful and smell amazing! These definitely stand out to me in my makeup drawer. These retailed for about $7 each which isn't too bad considering you get a lot of product for the price (4.4g/0.15OZ).


Have you tried Baby Lips lip balms?

Emily x

11 comments:

  1. Haven't tried those. That's like me buying all of them! My husband had to put me on a lip balm buying ban! Can you believe the man!!! He still hadn't lifted it!

    I have to 'fess up though, he was right I've got way too many. Been working my way through them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way haha, i should probably ban myself! I really need to get through mine :)

    Emily x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need these in the UK ASAP! They look so nice :)

    http://amyslittlecorneroftheearth.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! It sucks that you can only get them in the States!

      Emily x

      Delete
    2. We've got them in Australia (: They also sell on Amazon for cheap!
      Do you think you could add photos of them on your lips? Didn't know how to ask that without sounding weird lol

      Delete
  4. Awwwh I'm so jealous! Glad you have a fab time in NY, i totally would have bought all 6 too ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! They're amazing, which they brought them to Ireland

      Emily x

      Delete
  5. Wow Emily, Look at your collection , i just love them, i just have the Grape Vine, Peach Kiss, Quenched :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all so nice! I love the smell off of them! Yum!

      Emily x

      Delete
  6. I just got quenched today! I had to succumb to the advertising because the girl in the commercials is just too pretty, especially get lips. Also, I'm from the US (Georgia) and I'm going to be visiting Ireland in April!(: it's the first time I will have left my country!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quenched smells soo good! Haha thats awesome, have a great time!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...