Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

2012 Hair, Body+ Skincare Favourites

Hey everyone,

It's been a hectic first week being back in college, so apologies for posting this a little late :)
This post will be a little picture heavy

Hair:


Best Shampoo- Kérastase Nutritive for Normal to slightly sensitised hair
This has to be one of my favourite shampoos, I usually switch between this and my Aussie one, but this one is my go-to when I want my hair to look it's best!
Best Hair Treatment- Redken hair cleanising cream, UNIQone all in one hair treatment
I love this Redken Clarifying shampoo for when my hair feels dull and oily. I tend to only use this once per week. This is fantastic for removing the build up of product in the hair. I also discovered this UNIQone hair treatment when I received it in a Glossybox and fell in love. I spray this onto damp hair before blow drying, it leaves my hair silky smooth. I've just repurchased my second bottle of this stuff.
Best Hair Oil- L'Oréal Elvive Extrodinary oil
Over the years I haven't been too kind to my hair. I always found it difficult to grow it out as it had been so damaged from bleach and hair dye. I also had my hair Ombré'd last Summer. I thought I would give this hair oil a go as I had heard great things, this really helped wonderfully with my split ends, and I am thrilled to report my is at its healthiest it's been in years and has grown so quickly.
Best Hair Spray- Tigi Session Series Sea Salt spray
I was really reluctant to try another sea salt spray after a disaster with the Charles Worthington one, which left my hair sticky and knotty- just in a total mess. I heard good things about the TIGI one so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I like to use this product to jazz up my ends after I've blow dryed my hair, as Ombré'd hair can sometimes look a little dull when too straight. This gives it a really natural tossed beachy wave look to it which I love.
Best Hair tool- Tangle Teezer, Michel Merceir Detangling Brush for Fine hair
As my hair has been through so much damage, it can be quite difficult to brush. I purchased a Tangle Teezer over the Summer after hearing great things about them. I absolutely adore mine. More recently I  bought the Michel Mercier Detangling brush for Fine hair. This is quite similar to the Tangle Teezer, but with a handle, which I find is the one downfall of the Tangle Teezer. However I will definitely continue to switch between both.
 


















Body:
Best body wash- Body Shop Shower Gel*
This is a relatively new favourite, but over the course of the year nothing in particular stood out to me, until now! I received this as a gift off of a relative for Christmas, and have fallen in love. It lathers up wonderfully in the shower and smells divine! I have since went out and purchased the grapefruit one.
Best scrub- Lush Rub Rub Rub Scrub
I find it quite difficult to find a nice scrub that doesn't completely dry out my skin. I love this one as my skin feels really smoothed and moisturised after I use it. I'm on my fifth or sixth tub of this- definitely recommend if you suffer from dryness.
Best body moisturiser- Victoria Secret Secret Craving body cream
I bought this on a whim from Victoria's Secret while in New York in November, but this has to be one of the best heavy moisturisers I have used. This doesn't leave that nasty oily layer on your skin like some body butters, this one sinks straight in, and to top that off it smells delish.
Best fake tan- Xen-Tan
After using numerous fake tans over the years, I thought it was time I tried something new. I picked this up while on offer (still quite pricy at €53!), but found it worked really nicely. I was initially put off by the fact it was 'Ultra Dark', but it actually looked really natural. I did find though with the scent, it didn't really smell of vanilla. I did, however find it quite moisturising.
Best hand cream- L'Occitane Dry Skin hand Cream
I have been using this hand cream for a couple of years now, I always have a couple floating around in bags. I love the scent and how moisturising it is. 

Skin:
Best Makeup remover- Bioderma
Hands down my favourite makeup remover of 2012. I had heard a lot of hype surrounding Bioderma, and finally caved and purchased the 500ml bottle. I love this for removing eye makeup, or even to freshen up my skin in the mornings. I am nearing the end of my second bottle now though- boo!
Best Cleanser- liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
This too, is another product I had heard so much hype surrounding. I purchased a Starter Kit while on offer a couple of months ago. I find it really freshens up my skin and makes it appear a lot clearer. I use this along with a Muslin cloth, and find it exfoliates my skin really gently. I will definitely be repurchasing this.
Best Toner- Clarins Toning Lotion Combo/oily skin*
After using a Clinique toner for years, I thought it was time to switch it up a little. I love how this toner is alcohol-free and doesn't have a nasty scent to it, I like to use this in conjunction with the Clarins Cleansing Milk
Best Serum- YSL Youth Liberator
Serums are a relatively new discovery for me. I like to use this after I exfoliate my skin as it really hydrates my skin. I use this mostly at night time to really. This lasts absolutely ages, as the dropper dispenses just the right amount.
Best Day Moisturiser- Clarins Hydra-Matte Lotion*
I suffer from Combination/Oily skin, and can find it quite difficult to find a good moisturiser that doesn't just sit on my face. I love the consistency of this, as it sinks straight into my skin. It has a nice cooling effect on my skin and smells gorgeous. You only need to use the tiniest amount of this stuff.
Best Night cream- Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial
I picked this up in the States back in November, as I didn't actually own a night cream. This is quite rich, so I tend not to use it every night. This is another great product for Combination/Oily skins, but only if used sparingly. 
Best Eye Cream- Origins GinZing
Eye creams are something I've only ever dabbled with in the past. I suffer with a lot of dark circles, and when I read about this one it seemed to tick all the right boxes for me. I am loving it so far! Origins is a relatively new brand to me, but I am loving everything I have tried from them so far!
Best Face Mask- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask, Origins Drink up-Intensive Overnight Mask
I have always been a massive fan of face masks, and after hearing so much about both of these products I wanted to try them for myself. I adore this 10-minute mask from First Aid Beauty, I love how this really moisturises my skin when it feels quite dry. After the 10 minutes the consistency changes to a balm-like product, which personally I love. I find the Origins Drink-Up Intensive mask has quite the same effect. This was the first overnight treatment I had ever tried and I quite like this for when my skin is quite dry, I find my skin is really refreshed the next day.
 


















Best Spot Treatment- Origins Super Spot Remover
I use this when I get the odd spot. I don't find it completely removes the spot, but definitely helps to calm it down. It also helps to dry out the spot, I also find it quite cooling as it is a gel.
Best Skincare Tool- Clarisonic Mia*
I have been coveting after this for ages and was thrilled to receive it as a gift for Christmas. It has really helped to keep the oiliness at bay and my skin is looking a lot clearer after the first week of use. I use mine twice a day, morning and night. I am looking for a nice cleanser to use this with, so if you have any suggestions please let me know :)


What are your favourite products of 2012?

Emily x

*Gift/PR Sample

8 comments:

  1. Great favourites list - a few of my own are on there like the hair oil and Origins products. Would you believe I only recently discovered the Tangle Teezer? I was missing out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love the extraordinary hair oil! Xx

    gigglesandmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Kerastase shampoos too- nothing else comes near it IMO. I alternate between the green, pink and orange lines. Also, I can't remember life before I was introduced to my Tangle Teezer! I'm still an Origins virgin so you have definitely inspired me to try that eyecream because I could carry shopping around in the bags and dark circles under my eyes! Loved this post! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, they last ages too! Origins products are great, have some other bits I'm dying to get my grubby mitts on! :) Thank you, glad you enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  4. Nice post,All the products looks great I've never tried hair oils before. Jamaican Black Castor Oil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Definitely give them a go it you haven't! My hair has never been in a nicer condition :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...