Pages

Thursday, January 03, 2013

2012 Make-up Favourites

I cannot believe how quickly this year has flown. Apologies for posting this a little late, I was away visiting relatives for the New Year, I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and New Year!
This post will be quite picture heavy

I'll get the ball rolling now shall I?!..


Makeup:
Best Primer- Benefit POREfessional
This is my third tube of this stuff, I discovered this when I received a sample size in a magazine during the Summer.

Best Foundation- Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum
Again I discovered this foundation over the Summer when I read fantastic reviews on it. I am now on my second bottle of this. I find this a great everyday foundation, and the staying power is great!

Best Tinted Moisturiser/BB Cream- Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse
This is the first BB Cream I have tried. I picked this up while on the hunt for a tinted moisturiser with an SPF for my trip to Italy in the Summer. This one ticked all the boxes. Will definitely be repurchasing when it runs out.

Best Concealer- Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection
This has to be one of the most-hyped about product of 2012. I definitely think this is worth the hype, the quality of this concealer is fantastic, it covers everything, and at €6 you can't really go wrong!

Best Bronzer- NARS Laguna
This again is another hyped about product throughout the blogging community. As I am quite fair-skinned I find it quite difficult to find a bronzer that isn't too orangey, this one is perfect. I've had this since April and it's still going strong!

Best Powder- MAC Studio Fix  
This is a relatively new favourite, but I can see myself repurchasing this in the future. I had been using a Rimmel powder, but was looking for something new. This powder is so finely milled so I don't find my makeup looking cakey. 

Best Makeup Setting Product- Urban Decay De Slick
I have been dying to try this product for ages. When I spotted a handbag friendly size in Sephora in New York, I took the opportunity to try this before purchasing the full size. Boy was I impressed! This kept my makeup looking perfect and any oiliness at bay. So much so I went and purchased the full size the following day.

Best Highlighter- Dior Amber Diamond
This is another new favourite that I picked up on my recent trip to the States. I had been swatching it instore before I left but just couldn't justify the price tag! This really helps brighten and warm up my skin. I think this is a great highlighter for all skintones.

Best Blusher- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour blush in Exposed
I knew before I headed to the States that I wanted at least one Tarte blush. When I saw Viva Adonis rave about this blush, and as a fellow fair-skinned gal myself I knew this colour would be perfect for me! I usually gravitate toward this blush on days when I can't decide what to wear.

Best Eye Primer- MAC Painterly Paint Pot
Since buying this back in April I have been using it almost everyday! I suffer from oily eyelids and I find using this that my eyeshadows stay put and don't budge all day. I have heard people saying how theirs have dried out, personally I haven't found that with mine. I find with its neutral colour that it also camouflages any redness I have on my lids, which is a bonus! I can see this product being a firm favourite for years to come!

Best Eyeshadow- MAC Satin Taupe
This year I have really embraced the neutral eye look, and this is my go-to eyeshadow to achieve that look. I tend to pair this with minimal makeup for an everyday look and just focus on the eyes. I use this eyeshadow along with my Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Permanent Taupe.

Best Eye Pencil- Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Nude
I love this eyeliner and have been converted from my Illamasqua Vow pencil to this. I find this a lot more creamier and easier to work with. I love how this really brightens up my eyes and hides any redness I may have. I have these in a few colours and love them.

Best Mascara- Yves Saint Laurent Shocking 
I have wanted to try this mascara for the longest time. This is quite a late discovery for me, I purchased this again while I was in the States. This has quite a hefty price tag, but I would have to admit I would definitely repurchase this at some stage. Absolutely fantastic mascara. I am also loving the Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara with this!

Best Brow Product- Illamasqua Brow Cake in Thunder
In 2012 I went through phases of using eyebrow pencils and powders to fill in my brows. I really feel that powders look a lot more natural, but thats just my opinion. I purchased this back in August and have been using this daily since buying it and couldn't recommend it more.

Best Lip Balm- NUXE Rêve de Miel 
I stumbled upon a review of this on EssieButton's blog. I have this in the jar as well, but I find the stick better for on-the-go. I suffer from really dry and chapped lips in the cold winter months. This has been my savior! I couldn't recommend this enough.

Best Lipstick- MAC Angel
2012 has been a sea of lipstick for me. This has remained a favourite of mine throughout. I find myself reaching for this on days when I can't decide what to wear. I think this colour would work on all skintones.

Best Lip Gloss/Stain- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains
I have been obsessed with lip stains since the release of these during the Summer. I love how moisturising these are, and when the balm wears off you are left with a really natural stain on the lips, the only gripe I have with these is I'm not too fond of the scent, but that didn't stop me picking up the rest of the colours while I was State side. I am also loving the Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker lipgloss/stains!


Beauty Tools:
Best Eyelash Curlers- Chanel Eyelash Curler
I had been using a Jemma Kidd eyelash curlers that was about 7 years old! So while I was away I decided it was about time I invested in a new one! I am still intrigued by the Shu Uemura eyelash curlers. I really notice a difference in my eyes when my lashes have been curled.

Best Tweezers- Tweezerman Slant Tweezers
These tweezers, despite being 5 years old are still going strong. These can get every little hair and are definitely the best I've tried. I'm thinking of picking up a move handbag-friendly size for on-the-go. Highly recommend these if you are in the market for a new set of tweezers.

Best Brushes- Real Techniques (Buffing brush & Multi Task brush), MAC 217
Real Techniques have dominated my makeup bag for 2012, the brushes are really affordable and fantastic quality! My two stand out brushes have been the Buffing brush from the Core Collection, this is ideal for applying foundation or for use with powder foundations. Another Real Techniques favourite is the Multi-Task brush from their Travel set, this is great for using with blush and powders. I also rediscovered my old favourite, the MAC 217 brush. This is great for blending eyeshadows or for applying all over base colours.


Nails:
Best Nail Colour- I couldn't choose just one! But I'm loving wine reds!
Best Nail Effect- Glitters- a couple favourites include: OPI, Essie & Zoya!
Best Base Coat- Essie Sensitivity Base Coat
At the beginning of 2012 my nails were the worst they had ever been. I had tried numerous base coats, but this has rivaled them all! Also coming with a change in diet my nails are a lot stronger too!

Best Top Coat- Seche Vite Top Coat
I have heard amazing things about this top coat, and while I was State side I decided to pick it up. This is the best top coat I have tried this year! And gives my nails an almost gel-like finish.

Keep your eyes peeled for my Skincare, Haircare & Body Favourites coming next!


What makeup products were you loving in 2012?

Emily x

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful Faves lovely. Many were mine too:)x

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! What was the colour of the O.P.I nail colour? Thanks! Great blog!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) the colour is called Mrs O Learys BBQ

      Emily x

      Delete
  3. This faves list made me smile because many of these were my favourites too!! Love Real Techniques and all the MAC products you listed- like I am always harping on about how I am weak for Angel, Satin Taupe and Painterly. Really want to get that Dior Amber Diamonds too, I've heard so much about it! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      They're great aren't they? Definitely get Amber Diamonds if you're thinking about it, it's lovely!

      Delete
  4. I like the sound of the Illamasqua brow cake. Great picks. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It can be used as a liner as well with their sealing gel!

      Delete
  5. Great round up Emily - there's a lot of my own faves on the list and a few that are on my wish list xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...