Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

L'Oreal Rouge Caresse Lipsticks- Review+Swatches

Hello lovelies,

Recently I rediscovered the L'Oreal Rouge Caresse lipsticks. If you know me, you will know I am obsessed with lip products. These are no exception!
I find this product to be quite similar to the YSL Sheer Volupte Candy lip balms, as well as the Revlon Lip Butters. I find the colour payoff on these to be stronger than the YSL Volupte Sheer Candy and not as rich and creamy as the Lip Butters. This is really lightweight on the lips and glides on smoothly without tugging.

These come in a tonne of different shades, of which I have seven. 
Lovely Rose- This is a really pretty pink, really similar to MAC's Angel or Creme Cup. Great for everyday wear.
Aphrodite Scarlet- This isn't a red as such but more of a pinky red (if that makes sense!)
Tempting Lilac- This is definitely my favourite of the bunch, it's really one of those 'my lips, but better colours', I love pairing this with my MAC Pop Mode lipglass.
Impulsive Fuchsia- I love this shade, really nice for night time
Rock N' Mauve- I love this colour again for night time, for me it's a little too dark for daytime.
Dating Coral- I haven't found myself wearing this one a lot since I bought it. I love the colour, it's a gorgeous peachy coral colour.
Rebel Red- This one is definitely more red than Aphrodite Scarlet, this is sheer enough to be worn for day time.
L-R- Lovely Rose, Aphrodite Scarlet, Tempting Lilac, Impulsive Fuchsia, Rock N' Mauve, Dating Coral, Rebel Red

I really love the packaging, it's quite sturdy and feels a lot more expensive than it actually is.

They are quite sheer, while still being pigmented at the same time. I love the shine it leaves on the lips and is quite moisturising, and isn't sticky which is a bonus! However the lasting power isn't amazing but they still last up to a good 3-4 hours on me before needing a touch up.

L'Oreal Rouge Caresse Lipsticks are available from Boots and anywhere L'Oreal cosmetics are sold.

Have you tried these lipsticks? Whats your favourite shade?   

Emily x


2 comments:

  1. Pretty. I've been meaning to try one of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so lovely- they have a massive selection of colours too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...