Pages

Monday, January 07, 2013

Make-up Shake-up #1

Hey everyone,

I thought I would try something new on here for a change. I thought I would show you what products I will be using this week. This is a great idea to use some products that may not get a lot of love. I first came across this idea on Emma's blog.


Face: I bought this Tarte Clean Slate primer while I was in the States in November, and has been sitting in a drawer unloved. I decided to use it this week to see if it rivals my beloved Benefit POREfessional.
I bought this Revlon foundation just after Christmas, and have heard nothing but great things about it. I use the shade 150 Buff.
Along with this foundation I will be using my MAC Studio Fix powder in NW15 to set my makeup; I will also be pairing my Urban Decay De Slick to keep any oiliness at bay.
For an under eye corrector I will be using a Bobbi Brown corrector in Light Bisque, which I will pair with my old favourite Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in the shade 1-Fair.

Eyes: For an eye primer I am using my trusty MAC Paint Pot in Painterly as a base for my eyeshadows.
For eyeshadow this week I am using my Stila In The Light palette; I love the variety of colours in the palette, they can work for both day and night.
For my brows I will be using my Illamasqua Brow Cake in Thunder paired with my Anastasia Brow Gel.
For eyeliner this week I will be using my new favourite MAC eye pencil in Coffee, I love the look it give and isn't as harsh as a black pencil.
Then for lashes I'll be using my Yves Saint Laurent Shocking mascara and my Clinique Bottom Lash mascara.

Cheeks: For blusher I will be using NARS in Luster, which is a beautiful peach shade with gold shimmer.
I will also be using my Sleek Contour Kit for contouring, as well as a highlight. Read my review of it here
I will be using my MAC Cream Colour Base in Pearl as a highlighter too.
L-R- NARS Luster, MAC Coffee Eye Pencil, Sleek Contour+Highlight

Lips: I am proud to say I managed to narrow it down to two lip products! One is Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Évasion, which is a beautiful nude/peach shade, which will be perfect for daytime. For a more nighttime friendly look I chose my NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Milan, which is a gorgeous deep pink shade.
L-R- NYX SMLC in Milan, Chanel Évasion, MAC Pearl Cream Colour Base

What do you think of these picks? Have you tried any of them?

Emily x




9 comments:

  1. Lovely post Emily! I love the revlon colorstay and mac studio fix powder together they give such an amazing and flawless base! Really jealous of the in the light palette and the bobbi brown corrector, heard such great things about them both! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love the combination my skin is looking its best, the In The Light palette is a good alternative to the naked palette. I adore the Bobbi Brown corrector. Definitely recommend it :)

      Delete
  2. Great post. I have been doing a similar thing, I am trying to shop my stash a bit more. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, definitely its about time I stop buying makeup and start using more!

      Delete
  3. such a random question but i just googled somthing and got linked to here i already follow your blog but i had never seen the post where u ordered mac using parcel motel i am trying to this myself but having problems when it comes to blling address which is an irish address i cant get past the postcode bit do u happen to know how u managed to?? thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Steph :) Parcel Motel have two addresses available the Co.Antrim is the UK address and the Finglas one is the Irish one. So if you're ordering from MAC use the UK address. When you registered with PM you should have selected the location of your nearest PM, once you give that UK address they should be able to look you up and sent the parcel to the location you selected. Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh ya i have all that i was putting in the co antrim address as my shipping address but for my billing address is where im confused :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I get ya now! The billing is the same as the shipping address :)

      Delete
    2. thanks u so so much i didnt know if it would work over it not being the same address that would match my card :) thanks :) however this parcel motel thing could be dangerous on my bank account!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...