Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Make-up Shake-up #2

Morning everyone,

After my first Make-up Shake-up post worked really well for me, I thought I would give it another go. It was great to rediscover some old (and new) favourites. It was also great for those early mornings, not having to dig through drawers of makeup.
These are my picks for this week

Face: 

I quite liked using this primer last week, it is a gel-like consistency that sinks in within a matter of seconds. I'm still unsure whether I prefer it to my Benefit POREfessional though.
For foundation this week I have chosen my trusty Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum. This is my second bottle of this and I love it for light, everyday use.
I thought for concealer this week I would use my new Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer. I love how this helps to brighten the under eye area, however this is quite thick so a little goes a long way! Did I mention it smells divine?
For my under eye corrector I will again be using my Bobbi Brown corrector in Light Bisque. Again a little bit of this goes a long way, if you pack this on it can begin to look cakey.
For powder this week I have gone with my old favourite, Rimmel Stay Matte. This does the job, and is by far one of the best drugstore powders I have tried.
Finally for a highlighter this week I have gone with my new MAC Lustre Drops in Pink Rebel. This product is great for highlighting the face or even to mix in with foundation. Again you only need the smallest amount of this.

Eyes:

This week I decided to go with two eyeshadow bases. Both are Paint Pots from MAC- Constructavist is a gorgeous golden brown, which I like to wear on its own or paired with eyeshadows. I also stuck with my old favourite Painterly.
For eyeshadow I went with my Urban Decay Naked2 palette. This has gone unloved for quite a few months, so I seized the opportunity this week, and decided to give it a whirl. My favourite everyday shades are Tease, Foxy, Bootycall and Busted.
For eyeliner this week I have dug out my MAC Powersurge eye kohl. This is a fabulous bronze-y gold shade, which is beautiful for day and nighttime. I love wearing this blended into the waterline with Busted from the Naked2 palette.
For brows this week I am using my usual Illamasqua Brow Cake in Thunder and my Anastasia Brow Gel to help keep those wild beasts tamed! 
Finally for mascara I have chosen two! My trusty Clinique Bottom Lash mascara, and my CoverGirl Lash Blast mascara. I love this mascara as I don't find my lashes looking clumpy when I use this. I love the thick, but short wand on this one.


Cheeks:

For contouring this week I am still using my Sleek Contour Kit in Light. I find this a perfect shade for my skintone. I like to apply this using a MAC 187.
For blush this week I decided to go with my NARS Orgasm. This blush has gone unloved for quite a few months. I find this applies best also with a MAC 187.

Lips: 

For lips this week I again couldn't choose just one! So I chose three.. I first chose my Revlon Lip Butter in Fig Jam, which is a gorgeous brown-y reddish shade, this is great to just slap on when I'm in a rush. I also picked Syrup by MAC, which I bought over Christmas- and absolutely love it! Lastly I decided to go with my old favourite, Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in Crush. I haven't rocked a dark lip in ages, so I thought I would dig this one out. It's a great for on-the-go.
L-R- Powersurge eye kohl, Revlon Fig Jam, MAC Syrup, Revlon Crush


What are your makeup picks this week?

Emily x



10 comments:

  1. I really want to try Sleek products, it's a pity that we can't get them in Ireland... I know I can order but it's not the same when you can see it and test it! Did you order yours? :)

    www.rebekasbeautyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I bought mine up in Belfast! The light shade, even if it didn't suit as a contour would make a great bronzer. Wish they stocked Sleek in Ireland!!

      Delete
  2. wow! you have really amazing products in your makeup shakeup, I love the Bourjois Healthy mix foundation & the naked 2 palette, I really want to try Nars Orgasm, keep hearing such good things about it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its such a nice colour! I'm glad I've taken it back out this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've yet to get Naked 2! It looks as tempting as ever..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it, definitely prefer it to the original one!

      Delete
  5. Mac constructivist looks so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these posts! Whenever I remember to do them they keep me organised and make sure I don't keep using the same products over and over. I also find them really interesting to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I have some things that rarely get use, I love to feel like they're getting some use :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...