Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Make-up Shake-up #3

Evening everyone,

I'm back again showcasing this weeks makeup. Apologies for not posting in a while, I'm bogged down with college work, normal posts will resume shortly.
 Last weeks Make-up Shake-up worked out quite well. However this week I have quite a bit more, as I have a couple events on this week, so wanted a good selection to choose from.
Lets get started..

Face:

For my primer this week I have picked a newish product from my collection. I love the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat, I find this keeps my makeup put all day.
My foundation pick of the week is my NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser, I am the lightest shade, Finland. I bought this while in the States in November. Believe it or not I hadn't used it until now. I have to say I really love this, it feels really light on my skin. This foundation also has an SPF 30.
Again for my corrector this week I have used my Bobbi Brown under eye corrector in Light Bisque. I find this product works best when warmed up before applying.
For concealer this week I chose two. First one being my Bobbi Brown creamy concealer in Porcelain, which is my favourite under eye concealer. My other concealer pick is the new Maybelline Fit Me concealer in 15. 
For my powder this week I decided to go with my Maybelline Fit Me in 120 Classic Ivory. I'm not too sure if this is the right colour match for me, but it seems to keep away any oiliness. 
I am using my Urban Decay All Nighter spray to set my makeup as I feel it helps it last throughout the day.
Finally, for my highlighter I have gone with my NARS Albatross highlighter. I love this as a really natural highlight, it looks a little scary in the pan, but when applied it looks really natural.

Eyes:

For a primer this week I have gone with my trusty MAC Paint Pot in Painterly. I always find myself gravitating to this more and more. I find it covers up any redness on my lids.
For eyeshadows this week, again I couldn't just choose one, so I went with three! I chose two L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadows in Iced Latte and Bronzed Taupe, I discovered these while in the States and have fallen in love! These are more of a pressed pigment than an eyeshadow. I also chose a MAC Extra Dimension eyeshadows in Stolen Moment, this will be great for any nights out I have coming up.
For eyebrows this week I decided to change it up. I have gone with my MAC eyeshadow in Cork for filling in my brows. I find this a lot lighter than my Illamasqua Brow Cake, I feel it looks a lot more natural. I am also using my Anastasia brow gel to set my brows.
For mascara this week I decided not to change it up, so I stuck with my CoverGirl Lash Blast mascara, and for bottom lashes I have chosen my Clinique Bottom Lash mascara.
Lastly for liners I have three. I went with a Maybelline gel liner in brown, which looks a lot more natural than black and is more wearable for daytime. I apply this with my Real Techniques fine liner brush. I also went with a Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal in Nude, and a MAC eye kohl in Orpheus, which is a really pretty deep gold shade.

Cheeks:

For a contour I ditched my Sleek Contour Kit for my NARS Laguna bronzer. This is a lot lighter than the Sleek kit with a slight bit of shimmer, which is a lot more natural looking. I like to apply the bronzer with a MAC 187 brush.
I have chosen three blushes this week (see I did go a little overboard!). I dug out my Revlon Photoready cream blush in Flushed (review!), which I apply to the tops of my cheeks using my fingers, as it helps warm up the product making it easier to blend. Next I went with an old favourite of mine, Benefit's Coralista. This has gone unloved for quite some time, I have has this for a while (longer than I would like!), so I thought I would take the opportunity to dig it back out and give it another whirl. Lastly for blush I have my MAC Easy Manner blush, which is a really pretty light rosy pink colour, which will be great for daytime.

Lips:

Again this week I have chosen three lip products (I really am a sucker for lip products!). I chose my Korres Lip butter in Quince, which is a beautiful rosy pink colour. I also went with a MAC lipglass in Pop Mode, which I have been loving since buying it, I like pairing this with my L'Oreal Rouge Caresse in Tempting Lilac. These colours are really suited but are just a beautiful on their own.

What product are you loving at the moment?

Emily x

10 comments:

  1. I've run out of my Ubran decay setting spray and cant buy another till payday! :-(

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh no! I was looking everywhere for the XL bottle but was told it was only limited edition :(

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely selection of products :) I really like the look of that Revlon cream blush! xx

    http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I was scared of it at first but when it's applied it's really pretty :)

      Delete
  3. I am loving that MAC eyeshadow, it just looks wowzers! And the MAC lipgloss too, think I'm just in a MAC mood today:P Lovely post Emily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they lovely? I know what you mean by that MAC feeling haha :) Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Those L'Oreal Infallibles look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're fab! There's a khaki one I'm dying to get my paws on.

      Delete
  5. I really want to pick up some Loreal Infallible eyeshadows I've been hearing really good things about them xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great, really nice selection of colours too! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...