Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Make-up Shake-up #4

Evening lovelies,

I have decided after last weeks Make-up Shake-up, that I would pair it down a little this week.

These are my make-up picks for this week.
Face:

For my primer again this week I have gone with my La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat. This is really moisturising and is a great base for makeup. 
Again I have stuck with my NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser for foundation this week. I love the light coverage it gives, and it doesn't feel too cakey which I love.

For corrector this week I have stuck with my trusty Bobbi Brown under eye corrector in Light Bisque.

Also for concealers this week, I have stuck with my Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Porcelain. I love this for under my eyes. I also went with my MAC Select Cover-Up concealer in NW20, which is a little dark for me, so I tend to use this on other areas of my face that need covering.
Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer, MAC Select Cover-Up, Bobbi Brown Undereye Corrector

I have also stuck with my Urban Decay All Nighter spray, which is great for keeping any oil at bay.

For highlighter this week I stuck with my NARS Albatross highlighter. I love it for daytime as it is nice and subtle.
Lastly for powder, I went with my MAC Studio Fix in NW15. This is definitely one of my favourite powders and doesn't tend to look cakey.
Cheeks:

I would like to think I have been quite good this week; I chose two blushes this week. Since digging out my Benefit Coralista last week, I thought I would give it another go this week. 
The second blush I chose has been a long time favourite of mine- MAC Tenderling. I love this blush for days when I want to keep my makeup minimal. It also works great as a contour colour on paler skintones like myself.
Finally for contour this week I have stuck with my NARS Laguna bronzer. Hands down my favourite bronzer I have tried!
Eyes:

For eyeshadows I made up a little MAC neutral quad. I picked three eyeshadows (the fourth is for brows). I wanted to keep my eyes basic this week. The colours I choses were Wedge, Ricepaper and Patina. I quite like Ricepaper and Wedge together. For my base I am sticking with my Paint Pot in Painterly.
MAC eyeshadows L-R-Wedge, Ricepaper, Patina, Cork

For brows I kept with my Cork eyeshadow from MAC, this is a great match for my brows as they don't end up looking too drawn on. With that I am using my Anastasia brow gel.

For liner I went with my Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal in Nude. This is great for brightening up my eyes.

This week for mascara I have gone back to my YSL Shocking mascara, I feel this definitely gives my lashes definition and keeps a curl really well. For my bottom lashes I have gone with my Clinique Bottom Lash mascara, which I love!

Lips:

I chose three lip products this week. I chose two neutral lipsticks from MAC, I went with my trusty MAC Hue lipstick & MAC Viva Glam V. These are great for adding a shine and a hint of colour. I also went with my Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me, again this adds a hint of colour, and helps to moisturise at the same time- did I mention it smells A-MAZING!?]
MAC Hue, Maybelline Baby Lips, MAC Viva Glam V

Emily x

12 comments:

  1. can I have your makeup bag please :)
    nice post, I love all your picks.

    xo

    http://abullettothehead.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these items! I need to do a "Makeup shakeup"!

    - Andrea Marie xx
    frominsidemycloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Let me know when if you do one :)

      x

      Delete
  3. I looooove this series Emily, it's becoming one of the highlights of my week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aisling :) Glad you like them

      x

      Delete
  4. I love these posts! Such a good idea to make sure you rediscover old favourites!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them :) Definitely enjoy using products I haven't used in a while :)

      x

      Delete
  5. You have such lovely products Emily! Where did you buy your Maybelline Baby Lips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you :) I got mine in America, but they sell them on eBay :)

      x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...