Pages

Saturday, February 09, 2013

January Favourites

Evening lovelies,

January was a great month for trying out some old favourites and some new favourites. 

These are my January favourites:

Nima mitt*- Back in November when I attended the Christmas Blogger Meetup, Niamh Martin from Nima Brushes, demonstrated her latest creation. The Nima Mitt is a makeup removing mitt, which only requires water to remove makeup. I have been loving this for when I've had a late night!
MAC Ricepaper eyeshadow- I have had this shadow in my collection for quite some time, but have never used it much up until recently. This is a beautiful champagne with almost a golden-yellowish tone to it. I love how this really brightens up my eyes. 
Rimmel Stay Matte- This has been my favourite powder. I had been loving my MAC Studio Fix powder at the beginning of January, but gradually gravitated back to my Rimmel Stay Matte. I will definitely continue to re-purchase this!
Benefit Coralista- In January I re-discovered my Benefit Coralista, which I used to death for ages, but then tucked it away in the back of a drawer. I came across this again in January and was so happy when I did. I love this blush as it puts a bit of 'life' back into my look, as I am quite pale. I will happily continue to use this until it runs out.
NARS Albatross highlighter- I may have a slight obsession with highlighters. I feel they can really add to a makeup look for me. I purchased Albatross back in December with some Christmas money. I love how natural this highlight looks. It doesn't make me look too oily either. It is a white highlighter with a slight yellow-y colour to it. I love how this looks on my skin.
L-R- Benefit Coralista, NARS Albatross
YSL Shocking mascara- I started using this back in December and instantly fell in love. I have quite short lashes, this really adds some much-needed volume and a bit of length. Unfortunately this does come with a hefty price tag, so I will be switching between other mascaras in my collection.
Lush Bubblegum lip scrub- January was quite a cold month, which really took a toll on my skin. My lips because dry and chapped. My Lush lip scrub really came in handy. It contains caster sugar, which is a great mild lip scrub. I love the taste of this, as you can probably tell it smells and tastes like bubblegum, which you can lick off once you've scrubbed your lips. Afterwards I like to apply a generous layer of lip balm.
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer- I absolutely been loving this concealer this month. Everyone and their mother has been raving about it, an rightly so! This beats any high-end concealer in my opinion. I love the coverage of it, it's not too cakey and it's really light. I think I'm on my fifth or sixth tube of this. My only problem with it is that the writing rubs off, but thats a small price as the product makes up for that!
MAC Syrup lipstick- Again I bought this after Christmas, and have been loving it. The colour is great, I really love the MAC Lustre finish lipstick- being glossy and pigmented at the same time. This is a great one to have in any collection.
Rimmel Apocalips- Rimmel have been on fire lately regarding new product releases. In January saw the release of the Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers. These are a hybrid between a lipstick and a lipgloss.  These are really similar to the YSL Glossy stains, which I love, but at a third of the price. These last a good 2-3 hours as well and fade to a stain. I highly suggest checking these out! I will be reviewing these in the next couple of days, so keep an eye out.
L-R- MAC Syrup, Rimmel Apocalips Big Bang, Rimmel Apocalips Celestial


What products have you been loving this month?

Emily x

4 comments:

  1. I love Stay Matte! And I need to try a Lush lip scrub!
    - Andrea Marie xx
    frominsidemycloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to Big Bang in my life!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, think they're still 3 for 2 as well!

      x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...