Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Make-up Shake-up #6

Hey everyone,

This week I am back in college after a well-needed week off. I skipped last weeks Make-up Shake-up mainly because I wasn't bothered wearing makeup most of the days!

Anyway I'll jump right in:
Face:

For primer this week it is my well-loved Benefit POREfessional, it's a great primer that works really well on my skin.

Foundation this week is a new addition to the mountain of foundation already in my collection. It is the new Revlon Nearly Naked foundation. This is a lovely lightweight foundation which leaves my skin nice and dewey looking. I have the second lightest shade- 120 Vanilla (keep your eyes peeled for a review on this!).

For powder I am using my new Revlon Nearly Naked powder, again this is a lovely powder which doesn't leave me looking caked.

This week for contour I decided to go with something a little different. I dug out my Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel (or Bronze Universal), I love the formula of this, it's almost a cream to powder like product. I have promised myself to start using this a lot more!

For concealers I have gone with two, my Collection Lasting Perfection, which is great for disguising any blemishes or redness. I also have a new-ish concealer in my collection, the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer, which I love for under my eyes, as it gives a nice brightening effect.
Eyes:

For eye primer I am still using my trusty MAC Painterly Paint Pot.

For brows I am still loving my Illamasqua Brow Cake in Thunder, it is a great match for my brows.

This week for eyeshadows I wanted to keep it quite neutral, so I am using my Revlon Colorstay quad in Addictive. I love this quad as it has all the colours you could need for a neutral eye look.

Finally for mascara, I am trying out my new Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless mascara in the colour brown (believe it or not I have never used a brown mascara!). I have heard so many great things about this mascara so I am looking forward to testing it.
Lips:

This week for lips I couldn't just choose one product, so I went with four! 

Last week I rekindled my love of the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm stains. In particular I was loving Charm, a light orangey peach colour. I also picked two others to use this week. Crush, which is a gorgeous deep berry shade and Sweetheart Valentine, which is a gorgeous bright pink colour. 

I also went with my new NYX Mega Shine lipgloss in Perfect. This shade really complements the Revlon Kissable Balm stain in Charm. 
 
L-R- Revlon Crush, Revlon Sweetheart Valentine, Revlon Charm, NYX Perfect

Cheeks: 

Last week I was loving my NYX blush in Peach, however, this is more of a light pink colour, which is stunning! I couldn't not pick it!

I have also dug out my Natural Collection blush in Peach Melba. This was my go-to blush for most of last Summer. There was huge hype surrounding this when I started blogging, I have a couple more of their blushes, which are fantastic quality (and really affordable!).
 
Natural Collection Peach Melba, NYX Peach


Have you re-discovered any old favourites lately?

Emily x



4 comments:

  1. The NYX balm and blusher look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very intrigued by the Chanel bronzer - I want it, but I'm not sure I would ever actually use it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely bronzer, you only need the tiniest amount too! Maybe try it instore :)

      x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...