Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Make-up Shake-up #7

Hey everyone,

So this week has been quite hectic with college work, so apologies for posting a little late. As I mentioned, this week has been busy, so I wanted to keep my makeup quite minimal.

These are the products I have picked this week.

Face:

For primer this week I'm still loving my Benefit POREfessional, I find this primer helps my foundation last that little bit longer. Absolutely love this product.

This week for foundation I wanted a lightweight foundation, thats where my Bourjois Healthy Mix comes in. I love this foundation, it leaves my skin looking fresh and dewy. I do have combination/oily skin, but this still looks fantastic.

To set my foundation I use my Rimmel Stay Matte powder, this is definitely a fantastic and very affordable pharmacy/drugstore powder, if you're in the market for a great powder and don't want to splash out.

For concealers this week I have two favourites- my Collection Lasting Perfection, I use this for blemishes or for any redness I may have. I also have my Rimmel Wake Me Up, I love this for the undereye area, it really helps to brighten up that area and make me look more awake.

For contour/bronzer I am still loving my Chanel Bronze Universal/Soleil Tan De Chanel. I find this looks like a really natural on me, especially as a contour. I like to apply this using my fingers, then blending it out with my Real Techniques Buffing brush.

Cheeks: 

For blush this week I went with my NYX Peach blusher. This is a gorgeous peachy/pink colour, which has definitely become a new favourite of mine. I like to apply this using a Stippling brush, as it gives a really natural look.

Eyes:  

For eyes this week I also kept it quite minimal.

For my eye primer I have my MAC Painterly Paint Pot, I absolutely love this stuff, it disguises any redness I may have. It also lasts ages, I use this most days and I've had this for almost a year! I haven't even found it drying up either.

I went with my Stila eyeshadow in Kitten. This is a beautiful champagne colour with a hint of shimmer, this really helps to brighten my eyes, however, this eyeshadow is very crumbly, so I try to be light-handed when using this. It also make a great highlight for the inner corner of the eye.

I also love to apply generous coats of my Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless mascara to my lashes. I am loving this mascara, it doesn't flake on me at all, it also works wonderfully on my bottom lashes.

Lastly for brows, I am still loving my Illamasqua Brow Cake in Thunder, I couldn't rave more about this if I could. It lasts ages and it can also be used as a liner too!
Stila Kitten

Lips: 

It's no secret that I love lip products! So I have two products for you this week.

For my lipstick I went with MAC Plumful. I have had this lipstick for a while, I always seem to overlook it, the colour is a gorgeous purple/plum colour with a lustre finish. This lasts really well on the lips too. I like to apply it from the tube and them dab it so I'm left with more of a stain.

For my last lip product I have one of the MAC Tendertones in Purring. This was released with the Shop MAC, Cook MAC collection last Spring. The shade is a beautiful orange colour, but is quite sheer, more of a lipbalm really. This is a great no-fuss product when you're feeling lazy- it also smelly gorgeous!
MAC Purring, MAC Plumful


What products are in your makeup bag this week?

Emily x 

2 comments:

  1. Great products, I used to use the Rimmel Lash Accelerator, I found it great too and my lashes were stronger! I must get more now that youv'e reminded me x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I definitely find it makes my lashes look fuller and I love that it doesn't flake or anything on me. It's great for the bottom lashes too :)

      x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...