Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Rimmel Apocalips- Review+Swatches

Morning everyone,
So back in January Rimmel released the much anticipated Apocalips Lip Lacquers. When I had first heard about these I thought they would be similar to the YSL Glossy Stains (which I love!), these however are far from it. These are a hybrid between a lipstick and a lip gloss.

This is the first product of its kind that I have seen on the high street, they also have a phenomenal selection of shades in this collection, ranging from nudes, pinks right through to reds.
L-R- Nude Eclipse, Luna, Nova, Celestial, Stellar, Apocaliptic, Big Bang, Galaxy

The application of these is so smooth and opaque in one go, the applicator isn't your traditional doe foot, this one has a little well which gathers product, this is to prevent double dipping.
I have found with this product after about an hour (depending if you're eating!) the glossiness fades and you are left with an almost satin finish. After a little longer I have noticed you are left with just a stain on the lips.

The only problem I have found with these products is the scent, they have that signature Rimmel 'scent' to them. But thats a small price as the product is fantastic! I think the packaging is great, I love to be able to see what colour I'm grabbing.

My favourites of the bunch would be Apocaliptic or Celestial. 

Apologies for the dodgy application in some of these pictures, the lighting wasn't great!
Nude Eclipse
Luna
Nova
Celstial
Stellar
Apocaliptic
Big Bang
Galaxy

Overall, I think these are fantastic products and are really affordable. Rimmel have definitely upped their game in the last couple of months.

Rimmel Apocalips are available from Boots stores nationwide for €7.95, and are currently on 3 for 2!

Have you tried the Rimmel Apocalips?

Emily x


4 comments:

  1. No but now I want them! Really like the look of nude eclipse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so nice! I went back and bought the nude one afterwards, really pretty!

      x

      Delete
  2. they all look so pretty even though I'm more of a matte lip girl myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I tend to wear them blotted into my lips so they're not too glossy :)

      x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...