Pages

Tuesday, March 05, 2013

February Favourites

I can't believe we're already into March, this year seems to be flying in!

Anyway, this month I discovered some new favourites and also rediscovered some old ones. 
Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation & Nearly Naked Powder
I picked up these two products at the beginning of February, I have to say I'm in love! The consistency and finish of this foundation is really similar to the YSL Touche Éclat, it's incredibly lightweight and leaves a gorgeous dewy finish. Along with the foundation I purchased the powder, again this is really lightweight and doesn't feel in any way cakey on my skin. However, if you are looking for a powder for coverage, this may not be a good choice!
Soleil Tan De Chanel
I was delighted to pull this out of the drawer, after going unloved for months. I like to use this for a natural contour, I love how this looks on my skin. As a bronzer I only like to apply this to the high points of my face, as it can look a little orangey if applied liberally. The consistency is almost a cream to powder finish, but is so easy to blend out. This product definitely makes me feel like a million dollars!
NYX Blush- Peach
Now the last thing I need is another blush, but when I spotted this blush I knew it had to be mine! This has quickly become one of my favourite blushes in my collection. It looks quite pink in the pan and applies to more of a pinky/peach colour, but is beautiful regardless. I like to apply this blush using a stippling brush as it looks a lot more natural. I look forward to trying more NYX blushes in the future!
NARS Easy Lover lipgloss
I absolutely love the consistency of the NARS lipglosses. They are very sheer, but the colour is definitely buildable. I love how these aren't overly sticky and don't dry out the lips. I have a couple in my collection which I will definitely be using a hell of a lot more.
L-R- Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel, NYX Peach, NARS Easy Lover

Korres Lip Butter- Guava
Again, I have a teeny tiny obsession love for lip products, in any shape or form. These Korres lip butters are no exception. They're smooth and easy to apply and melt into the lips. I use the Guava one in particular for night time if my lips are feeling a little dry.

Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer
I tried to avoid the hype surrounding this product for ages. I thought I would give it a go as my Collection Lasting Perfection concealer was feeling a little dry under my eyes, don't get me wrong it's a fantastic concealer but just doesn't work for under my eyes. I thought this would be ideal as it also claims to brighten the eye area. I have to say I absolutely love this for under the eyes, it brightens, conceals as well as being long-lasting. 
Clinique Superdefense Moisturiser
This product was a rediscovery for me this past month. I used to use this all the time as a moisturiser years ago. I picked it up again and have been loving it. It also has an SPF 25, which is always fantastic. My skin feels so smooth and hydrated when I've applied this. Love love love!
YSL Youth Liberator Eye cream
At Christmas I treated myself to the YSL Youth Liberator Serum set, in it was a sample size of their eye cream. Now I don't have many wrinkles just yet, but I thought I would give it a go anyway. My eyes have never felt so hydrated, this really helps with any puffiness and glides on so smoothly. It doesn't come cheap at €55 for 50ml, but in my eyes (no pun intended) definitely worth it.

Jo Malone Wild Bluebell Cologne
I bought this perfume about two years ago and promised myself I would reserve this to use for special occasions. However, I ran out of my Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume at the beginning of the month, and needed something light to wear. I pulled this back out and received a lot of compliments on the scent. I am nearing the end of this bottle, but will definitely be repurchasing this in Liverpool next month.

What have you been loving this month?

Emily x

8 comments:

  1. would love to try the revlon foundation! How much is it do you remember?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not 100% it was on offer when I picked it up, could've been around €10, but I could be wrong!

      x

      Delete
  2. Oh you found a Vanilla Nearly Naked...welljel! I've been stalking loads of Boots and pharmacies around Dublin and the lightest shade they have is Shell which i feel would be a smidge too dark :( I need that Chanel Tan de Soleil so bad, I've been meaning to get it for the longest time- might trek out to Blanch because I have oodles of points on my boots card and I know there is a counter there.

    Also, I LOVE NYX Peach blush- one of my top 5 blushes ever, such a flattering colour,and lasts for ages.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, usually particular shades tend to sell out when they are new releases, definitely have a sneaky look in the drawer! I found that ivory (the lightest) was far too light for me, Vanilla is a perfect match for me.

      The Chanel bronzer is so gorgeous, I can't see myself ever running out of it, or at least not for a long time!

      I'd have to agree about the NYX blusher, it's the perfect mix between pink and peach I think :)

      x

      Delete
  3. Great favourites list Emily - I'm so intrigued by that Chanel bronzer xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's a lovely bronzer! Be sure to let me know if you try it :)

      x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...