Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

High-Street/ Drugstore Favourites



I have seen a tonne of similar posts and Youtube videos of people talking about some of their Drugstore Favourites, so I thought I would share some of mine with you.

I do have a couple of products that may not be available here in Ireland, but I will be sure to leave links to where you can get them.
Foundation- Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum: I came across this foundation last Summer and completely fell in love. I love the consistency of this foundation, it's light and leaves my skin looking fresh and dewy (but not oily!). I wear the lightest shade (51 Light Vanilla) and find it's the perfect match for me and blends effortlessly. I believe this foundation retails for around €13, which is great for those looking for a fantastic, budget-friendly foundation. This is available from both Boots and Superdrug.

Powder- Rimmel Stay Matte: This powder I came across after hearing Tanya Burr rave about it. I use this for days when I need my makeup to last that little bit longer. I was a little weary about this at first when I saw it was called stay matte, but this doesn't look cakey on me whatsoever. I use the shade transparent so it doesn't add any colour to the face, it just helps to set your makeup. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for an affordable powder that performs well. This retails for about €6 approx and is available from Boots and Superdrug and wherever Rimmel cosmetics are sold.

Concealer- Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection: This is one of those hyped up products in the beauty community, and rightly so! This concealer is great for covering any pesky blemishes and any redness I may have and isn't too drying, although I wouldn't recommend it for under the eyes. I use shade 1- Fair, which is definitely a great choice for pale-skinned gals. This concealer is pretty affordable coming in at around €6 and is available from both Boots and Superdrug.

Contour- Sleek Contour Kit (Light): I had seen a tonne of people rave about this contour kit, so I thought I would try it out for myself. Now, I have only gotten into contouring over the last 7 months, but I found this really helped me, as it was so simple and easy to use. I line to use a duo fibre brush for contouring as it doesn't end up caking my face in product. It also comes with a handy wee peach-toned highlight. This contour can also double up as a bronzer as it isn't too orange. You can check out my review of it here Sleek isn't widely available here in Ireland, but you can pick if up from the Sleek website for €7.99 or from Cloud 10 Beauty for €9.95 or from Superdrug is you're in the UK.
L-R: Sleek Contour Kit, Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum, Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection, Rimmel Stay Matte

Blush- Revlon Photoready Cream blush & NYX Powder blush: I have two favourite blushes for you. First off, Revlon Photoready cream blushes which were released early last year. These are some of my favourite cream blushes from the drugstore. I love the consistency, they almost go from a cream to powder finish which I quite like. My only problem with these would be the colour range, they're only available in three shades, a coral, a peach and a magenta pink. I think it would be nice to see some lighter pinks in there or even a red, as the current range may not suit darker skintones. These retail for around €10. You can read my review on them here.

My other favourite drugstore blush has to be the NYX Powder blushes. These come in a wide variety of shades to suit all skintones. These are super pigmented without being too powdery and blend really nicely into the skin. These blushes are priced at around £5/€6. Unfortunately, NYX is a tricky brand to get a hold of here in Ireland, but you can buy from their UK Site or from Cherry Culture.
L-R: NYX Powder Blush, Revlon Photoready Cream Blush

Lips- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain, L'Oreal Rouge Caresse lipstick & Revlon Lip Butters: I am a massive lover of lip products, so of course I have a few to talk about. Last year saw the launch of the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, the buzz surrounding these was unreal. These were hailed as the drugstore dupe for the Clinique Chubby Sticks (which I wasn't a massive fan of). The colour pay-off of these was fantastic, opaque in one sweep and gradually fade to a stain on the lips. These aren't drying on my lips at all, which I love. My only gripe about these would have to be the scent, they have an odd mint smell to them. These retail for around €11 and are available from Boots and Superdrug.

At the end of last year I re-discovered my love for the L'Oreal Rouge Caresse lipsticks. Now, I see these more of a sheer balm rather than a full on lipstick. These apply so smoothly on the lips with a gloss finish and I find these leave a stain on my lips after a couple of hours of wear. These are about €11 each and are available from Boots and Superdrug and wherever L'Oreal cosmetics are sold. Check out my review of these here.

Last year also saw the release of the hugely hyped Revlon Lip Butters. These are the first of their kind- a hybrid between a lip butter and a sheer lipstick. Revlon has in the bag with these. They're very smooth to apply and are super pigmented, depending on the shades, some may be more pigmented than others. These are available in a tonne of colours too, so you are sure to find one to suit your tastes. These come in at around €10 and are available from Boots and Superdrug.
L-R: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain, Revlon Lip Butter, L'Oreal Rouge Caresse lipstick

Eyeliner- Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal: Last year saw the release of the Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal liners. Again, there was so much hype surrounding these eyeliners, so I thought I'd give them a go. These have a gel-like consistency, quite similar to the NARS Larger Than Life eyeliners, once these are applied to the waterline they won't budge, which is a huge plus for me as I have quite watery eyes. I was also finding it quite difficult to find the perfect nude liner that was affordable, so I was delighted to see Rimmel launch these. These are so affordable coming in around the €5 mark. These are available from Boots and Superdrug and anywhere Rimmel products are sold.

Eyeshadow- L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadow, Maybelline Colour Tattoo, Wet N' Wild eyeshadow trio: I discovered these eyeshadows while in America last year and fell in love. They're more of a pressed pigment than an eyeshadow and are gorgeous worn alone or with smudged liner. They last ages and come in a wide variety of colours. These are available in Ireland, but we are quite limited with the colours. These come in around the €10 mark approx. and are available from both Boots and Superdrug.

Last year saw Maybelline release they're hugely anticipated Colour Tattoo's. These are comparable to the MAC Paint Pots, which I love. I like to use these as eyeshadow bases or they can also be worn alone. Again, these come in a wide variety of colours, some of my favourites include, Bad to The Broze (or On and On Bronze in Ireland) and Permanent Taupe. These are quite affordable at €9 approx. These are available from Boots and Superdrug!

I was excited to try the Wet N' Wild trios when I went to America last year, as I had heard amazing things about them. I decided to opt for a more neutral one. I have to say the Wet N' Wild eyeshadows are some of the best (if not the best!) drugstore eyeshadows I've tried. Unfortuately, Wet N' Wild aren't available on this side of the pond, but can be bought online from Crush Cosmetics, which I have since bought more products from and are 100% reliable. 
L-R: Maybelline Color Tattoo, L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadow, Wet N' Wild Trio, Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeliner

What are some of your drugstore favourites?

Emily x






10 comments:

  1. Great post, some of my favourites here too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you liked it :)

      x

      Delete
  2. I love seeing these posts and getting new ideas for future purchases! Agree with you on so many of these, especially the Revlon just bitten lip stains, my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you :) I love finding new affordable products too! Revlon have to be one of my go-to brands :)

      x

      Delete
  3. These are all so true. Literally just bought the Rimmel powder last week and am loving it too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fab?! Definitely one of the best powders I've tried!

      x

      Delete
  4. <3 this. I saw your blog on Thunder + Threads and followed you. Started my blog last week :)
    http://letstalkmorebeauty.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wet n wild eyeshadow trios always look amazing! I love Revlon as a drugstore brand, they seem to be at the top of their game right now :) x

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Wet N Wild stuff, wish they had it here! Revlon are definitely my go-to drugstore brand, they really are on top of their game at the moment! I love their collections.

      x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...