Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

MAC Archie's Girls Collection- My Picks!

Hey everyone,

So it has been quite some time since I have raved about a collection from MAC. Nothing has really caught my eye until their latest release.
Archie's Girls is based around the iconic comic of the same name. This collection features frenimies, Betty Cooper- the blonde girl-next-door and Veronica Lodge- a vivacious, spoiled rich-girl. 

The collection is split into both Veronica-themed products, including deep red and berry shades and Betty, which includes light corals and pink pastel shades.
Image taken from xsparkage
Image taken from xsparkage

First off, I adore the packaging. It isn't cheap or flimsy, with the images actually printed onto the packaging. I love the glossy white finish of the packaging, as it definitely stands out in my makeup bag. These products are a tiny bit more expensive than your usual products from MAC, to cover costs for the rights to use the images.

From this collection I picked up four items; two Pearlmatte face powders, one lipglass and a lipstick.
The Pearlmatte face powders are definitely the stand-out product from this collection in my opinion, and have already completely sold out online. The powder itself has cute little hearts embossed on it surrounded by a highlighter. Veronica's Blush is a great one for fairer skins, the highlighter is a light pink colour with bright fuchsia hearts. These products apply quite sheer, but can definitely be built up. Flatter Me is a great one for warmer skintones, the highlighter is a peachy colour with coral hearts. I think these could still suit other skintones, Flatter Me would be gorgeous with a light tan in warmer months. The packaging is very sturdy with a full size mirror, which we don't get with a lot of MAC products.
Veronica's Blush, Flatter Me
















Next up I eyed up a Lipglass from the Betty range. I chose the colour Kiss & Don't Tell, a bright pinky coral colour similar to Viva Glam Nicki from MAC, but more pink. Again, the packaging is gorgeous with an image of Betty surrounded by hearts on the tube.














The last item I picked up was a lipstick from the Veronica line, I went with the colour Daddy's Little Girl. This lipstick is unlike anything I own. It's a violet with a hint of pink in there, I find it really wearable for daytime and is opaque in one application. The packaging is glossy, unlike usual MAC lipstick packaging with an image of Veronica with cute hearts surrounding the entire bullet.














Have you picked up anything from the collection?

Emily x

6 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...