Pages

Thursday, March 07, 2013

Make-up Shake-up #8

Hey everyone,

This week (again) has been super busy in college. For busy days I like to be able to keep it quick and simple.

Here are my picks for this week.

Eyes

For my eyeshadow base, as always, I am still loving my MAC Painterly Paint Pot.

For my eyeshadows this week I went with my NARS Kalahari eyeshadow duo. Now I bought this almost a year ago, loved it, then stopped using it. So I thought it was about time to take this back out. Both shades in this duo are wearable for daytime and can also be taken into night time. They're super pigmented when you swatch them at first, but apply quite sheer onto the eyes, which I actually quite like. Both shades are pretty neutral, one being a golden bronze colour, quite similar to Woodwinked from MAC. The other shade is a medium brown/ taupe shade, similar to Patina from MAC. I love the formulation of these shadows, no crumbling or fallout!
For mascara I am still loving my Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless mascara. I absolutely love this mascara for my bottom lashes as well as my top lashes. I find this doesn't smudge or flake on me- so thumbs up from me.

Lastly, for my brows I am still using my trusty Illamasqua Brow Cake in Thunder. I am actually pretty surprised at how much I use this and haven't hit pan, so definitely worth it!

Face

For primer I have my Benefit POREfessional, I have spoken about my love for this primer a lot. It helps my makeup last throughout the day and isn't in any way oily on my skin.

This week for foundation I wanted a natural 'barely there' look. So I took out my Revlon Nearly Naked foundation. This is definitely a new favourite of mine, which I actually included in my February Favourites. This is a great dupe for the YSL Touche Éclat foundation, it's both lightweight and leaves the skin looking healthy and dewy. 

I have two concealers which I am using this week. My Collection Lasting Perfection concealer, which everyone raves about. I use this on any redness or blemishes. For my undereye area I like to use Rimmel's Wake Me Up concealer, this helps to brighten and isn't too thick or drying.

I am still loving my Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel this week. I use this for both contouring and for giving my skin that healthy colour, as I am quite pale. This can be used under foundation as a base or over foundation as a bronzer. 
(The lighting made it appear a little orange- apologies!)

For powder I am still loving my Rimmel Stay Matte powder, again this is extremely lightweight and doesn't look in any way cakey on my skin.

Cheeks

For my blush I wanted something a little more intense, as the rest of my makeup would be paired back. I went with Pink Tea by MAC. This was limited edition in their Tres Cheek collection last Spring. It is a gorgeous neutral pink shade with a satin finish. I find this applies a lot more pink than it actually looks in the pan. I use my Real Techniques stippling brush to apply this as it helps to disperse the colour better.

Lips

This week for lips I'm using my Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake. This is a beautiful neutral pink colour and is so smooth to apply. However, I forgot to photograph it, so I borrowed a wee image from Google.

Image taken from Temptalia

What are your go-to products in your makeup bag?

Emily x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...