Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette | Review + Swatches

Hey lovelies,

First off, apologies for being absent for a little while. I have a lot on at the moment at college, but now I have two weeks off for Easter, so expect to see a lot more of me!

So over the February midterm I took a little shopping trip up to Belfast. Debenhams were having 10% off of beauty. I took the opportunity to pick up the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette for £16! So I caved..
I had heard a lot of mixed reviews about this palette, but I still wanted it nonetheless. I have always been impressed with the quality of Urban Decay eyeshadows, they are so smooth and easy to blend and these are certainly no exception.

I love the packaging, it is very lightweight and compact. The packaging is rubberised, which may get a little grubby, but I think it is still quite durable. This palette also boasts a full size mirror. I think this would be the perfect palette to bring travelling, as you have your highlight, two nude shades, a light brown, a dark brown and black. 
L-R- Venus, Foxy, W.O.S (Walk Of Shame), Naked 2, Faint, Crave

The palette contains five matte shades and one satin shade. All of the shadows are really pigmented and easy to apply. The matte shades are definitely some of the best that I've tried.

However, a couple of the shades in this palette are quite similar to previous shades from Urban Decay's Naked and Naked 2 palettes.

  • Venus, which is similar to Virgin from the Naked palette, but Venus is a little more yellow.
  • Foxy is a repeat from the Naked 2 palette.
  • W.O.S (Walk Of Shame) is quite a unique shade, similar to my own skintone. Neither palette has a colour like this.
  • Naked 2 is a little greyer than Tease (Naked 2), and a little more brown that Naked from the original Naked palette.
  • Faint is a little similar to Tease (Naked 2), but with more brown undertones.
  • Crave is definitely more black than Blackout (Naked 2). Blackout has more greyish undertones.
Overall, I think this palette would be a great addition to any beauty junkies collection. It's compact and great for travelling, you have all the colours you could need for day and night in one. However, the only unique shades in here would be Walk Of Shame and Faint, as there aren't really any dupes for these, unlike Venus, Foxy, Naked 2 and Crave, there were similar colours to these in the Naked and Naked 2 palettes. 

This palette retails for €26 and is available here in Ireland from Debenhams or from their website.

What are your thoughts on the Naked Basics palette?

Emily x

4 comments:

  1. Great review! Might have to get this as I'm getting more into Matte colours lately xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you liked it :) Definitely if you're thinking about it, some of the best matte colours I've used! :)

      x

      Delete
  2. I´m in two minds on whether to get this or not, I´ve not been that impressed with Naked 2 but I love Naked 1.. decisions decisions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I much preferred the original Naked palette, the colours definitely suited me a lot more. Naked Basics is handy if you don't own much matte colours, and these are definitely some of the best I've tried! Hope that helps :)

      x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...