Pages

Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Currently Obsessed...

Hey everyone!
So with Summer fast approaching, I have been obsessing over having a dewy/fresh look to my skin. Recently I can't get enough of cream blushes. They brighten up your complexion without looking too cakey.

Here are a couple of cream blushes I have been loving recently..

NARS Penny Lane is a gorgeous peachy pink colour with a. This is a great one for daytime and gives my skin a natural glow. This colour is described by NARS as a 'nude pink', but I can definitely see undertones of peach in there. There is also some slight shimmer, but rest assured you won't be left with disco ball cheeks.

Stila Lillium is a soft rosy pink colour. These blushes are a slightly thicker, more tackier formula than the others so I tend to be extremely light-handed as it's easy to end up with clown cheeks. These are definitely the most pigmented of the bunch. I will definitely be picking up more of these in the near future!
Revlon Coral Reef is a beautiful bright in-your-face coral. This blush is more of a reddish-toned coral, but definitely doesn't look as scary on as it does in the pan. I tend to apply this particular blush to the tops of my cheeks, rather than the apples of my cheeks. These blushes set to a slight powder finish. Check out my review of there here.
MAC So Sweet, So Easy is your standard baby pink shade. Again, this looks scary in the pan, but is more of a natural flushed pink once applied. MAC Cremeblend blushes are by far some of my favourite cream blushes, they sink instantly into the skin and don't budge for hours.
L-R: NARS Penny Lane, Stila Lillium, Revlon Coral Reef, MAC So Sweet, So Easy

My favourite way of applying cream blusher is to warm up the product with my fingers and then use a Stippling Brush, this helps to buff in the product and leave me with a natural finish. I am currently loving my Real Techniques Stippling Brush to apply cream products.

Are you a fan of cream blushes? What are some of your favourites?

Emily x

10 comments:

  1. I love cream blushes - the Topshop ones are great value! I was looking at that Revlon one. How well does it last?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Topshop ones are lovely, the Revlon ones last quite well, but you only need the tiniest amount!

      x

      Delete
  2. Lovin' your choices!! Lady, we need to go makeup shopping together sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) ooh definitely, sounds exciting! :)

      x

      Delete
  3. Snap! Totally obsessed with all things cream blushery at the moment too xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be all the Summery *cough* weather we're having :)

      x

      Delete
  4. I love the mac blush!Do you wanna follow each other?

    http://oanna-w.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do 'follow for a follow', I think it defeats the purpose of blogging, but thanks for reading.

      x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...