Pages

Monday, April 01, 2013

March Favourites

Hey everyone!

I always say it, but this month really flew in for me. March has been quite a busy month for me, and I can't believe it's already April- where is this year going?!



Anyway, this month I have discovered quite a few old favourites and a couple of new ones.



So here's what I have been loving this month.


Skincare:
MAC Gently Off Eye and Lip Makeup Remover
I picked this up last year and never thought much of it. I thought I'd give it another go this month and I have been using it daily, even over my Bioderma. This is dual-phase of oil and water, and when mixed they remove even the most stubborn mascaras. This can also be used to remove lipstick or lip stains. I'm almost finished this bottle, I will be definitely be re-purchasing this.

Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial
This is another product I picked up a while ago, tried it and then made its way to the back of my drawer. With the weather being freezing cold here, it has really taken its toll on my skin. This is quite a rich moisturiser, so a little goes a long way with this. I find my skin is so smooth and plump the following morning when I use this, not to mention the scent is divine!
MAC Cleanse Off Oil
I bought this way back last August and I never used it until recently. As I have slightly oily/combination skin I thought this would make me even oiler. Oh how I was wrong! This seems to counteract any oiliness I have as well as removing every scrap of makeup. I apply this to a dry fave and work it in, the oil is great for breaking down all of the makeup. I then rinse it off, and the oil turns to a milky texture. I find two pumps is enough for my whole face. However, I don't like to use this on my eyes, that's just personal preference. This will definitely be something I will re-purchase.

Body:
Lush Twilight Shower gel
I have never been one for lavender scents, but they are definitely growing on me. I have been using this at nighttime and I find it really helps me to relax and unwind after a busy day. Unfortunately, this is only available at Christmas time, so I will be using this sparingly. However, Lush have a Twilight bath bomb with the same scent that is available all year round!
Palmers Firming Butter
This is one product that I am so happy to have re-discovered this month. With the weather being how it is my skin has been so dry, the Shea Butter really helps to moisturise my skin and leaving it so smooth. It also sinks in super fast, so no waiting around, the packaging is great as it come with a pump, not to mention that is lasts ages. However, I wouldn't say it helps to tighten skin, but that wouldn't put me off buying this again!

Makeup:
MAC Cremeblend Blush- Something Special
This month I've had a love affair with cream products. Mainly cream blushes. My go-to Cream blush has been MAC's Something Special Cremeblend blush. This is a beautiful light coral colour, which is a perfect for day and night time. I find this product works best warmed up then applied with your fingers, I then buff this in with my Real Techniques Stippling brush. This leaves me with a natural flush to my cheeks. I can see myself reaching for this a lot over the Summer.

Revlon Lip Butter- Wild Watermelon 
It's no secret that I am a total lipstick junkie. This is certainly no exception. Revlon have released four new shades for the Spring/Summer. Wild Watermelon is a gorgeous pink/reddish colour, which is perfect for the upcoming months. I love the Revlon Lip Butters as they're no-fuss and help to moisturise the lips. I do find these fade after 2-3 hours wear, but leave you with a subtle stain.

Benefit Moon Beam
Again, this is an old favourite. For the Summer months I like my skin to have a healthy glow. Moon Beam is a yellow-toned liquid highlighter, so is great if you have a tan or just want to add some warmth to your complexion. I apply this to the high points of my cheek bones in a 'C' shape and anywhere else the light hits. 

MAC- Bare Study Paint Pot
As many of you know I love my Painterly Paint Pot, so this month I decided to switch things up. Bare Study is a gorgeous silvery/champagne colour, which can be worn alone or with an eyeshadow on top, which is how I personally like to wear it. This is a great product if you're looking to add colour to your eyes without any fuss.


YSL Volupte Sheer Candy- 4 'Succulent Pomegranate'
I purchased this last Summer and used it for a while and then put it to the back of my makeup drawer. These are comparable to the Revlon Lip Butters, but maybe not as pigmented. These are more of a sheer formula, as the name suggests. You are left with a lovely tint, these are also so moisturising, which personally, I love. Not to mention that they smell divine (just like cocktails haha!). These are quite pricy, but if you're looking to treat yourself- go for it!

MAC Mineralise Skinfinish Natural- Medium Dark
I have been using my Mineralise Skinfinish Natural to contour and to add some colour. I find the MSFN's are more natural looking MAC's bronzers, as they tend to look a little too orangey on me. These also don't leave me looking cakey, which is always a plus!

L-R- MAC Cremeblend blush, Revlon Lip Butter, Benefit Moon Beam, Bare Study Paint Pot, YSL Volupe Sheer Candy '4', MAC MSFN


Miscellaneous:
Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers
I had heard so much great things about these curlers, so I thought I would give them a go. I find these curl my lashes more naturally, and I'm not left with the dreaded 'V' shape to my lashes. 

Essie Grow Faster
During March my nails took a turn for the worst, they were breaking and chipping, so I took out my Essie Grow Faster, now I thought this would be a bit of a gimmick, but to my surprise my nails have grown quite a bit since. This would be great if you are suffering with broken or damaged nails. I couldn't recommend it more!

What products have you been loving recently?

Emily x

2 comments:

  1. new follower on GFC, hope you'll follow me back ;)


    www.beckybeautyblogger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...